Friday, September 3, 2010

Another Attempt!

I am goign to make another attempt at writing consistently! The only way I will be able to is if I stick to a schedule, which as of late is proving impossible! I guess when you have 5 children under the age of 3 with you each day that is understandable!

I am beginning my winter knitting. For you, that means all my summer knitting on my Etsy site is 30% off, because I need to clear the space for all the new, cool stuff that is coming! I am currently working on a really pretty scarf and hat pattern called "Classy in Cable." Its simple but super classy scarf, with one cable running up the middle, in a pale yellow. I am struggling on whether to sell this or keep it for myself! (It occured to me that in all the years of my knitting, I have never made anything for myself!)

A portion of all my hat and scarf sales is also going to be donated to the Marine Corps' Toys for Tots program.

Interruption! In the middle of writing, one of my sweet little daycare boys got sick. Poor little thing. He went from fine to 101.2 fever in about 5 minutes. I hate when my little ones don't feel well! Mommy came to get him, now the rest are laying down for nap! My most favorite time of day! If I were a smart mommy, I would lay down and rest, too. Too much to do! Scarfs to knit, kitchen to clean, scarfs to knit......who cleans when there is knitting to be done?!

Off to knit!

11 comments:

  1. You sound very busy! I am going to check out your Etsy site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you have time for knitting with 5 little ones in the house! I have 3 under 7 and I barely find time to do my hobbies. Kudos to you! I say keep the scarf for yourself :) We deserve something once in awhile! Esp when us mommies are always doing for everyone else first! Hope your daycare boy is feeling better :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to have the time to write. I am new at blogging and I am finding I really only have time to blog in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely difficult to find time to blog and have a life but hang in there, you'll find time : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Mama Plum! Your blog is terrific and I envy your talent for knitting! Just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU for your beautiful comment you left on my blog, "She Calls Me Mama Leisha." I thought it was just lovely and insightful.

    Don't worry about that kitchen, girl! I say KNIT!!!! Best wishes to you and your darling fam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a blogging mom with little ones I can understand. It is a lot of time. I wanted to award you the Versatile Blog Award. Dawn http://dawnsdelightsart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!!!,

    I LOVE your baby oil tip. I will definitely be trying it out, thanks.

    Also, thank you for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading your posts.


    Lioness- Your Newest Follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following...and for your wonderful comment..Fibro is tough...and so often misdiagnosed...but I also have Epstein Barr which does not help....hope you feel better and go get checked....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks...I believe we all need life insurance...lovely comment....

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one busy young woman! I am routing for your writing! It is so inspiring and empowering to write. Writing sometimes is easier than balancing life! Thanks for visiting- Following you! Will be visiting again! In His Grace, Dawn @ Beneath The Surface: Breath of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  11. It always scares me when the little ones get sick that fast. I hope the little guy gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete